CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Quotes from Rumi

"When I am with you, we stay up all night.When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.Praise God for those two insomnias!And the difference between them."

"It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home."

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

You are in love with me, I shall make you perplexed. Do not build much, for I intend to have you in ruins. If you build two hundred houses in a manner that the bees do; I shall make you as homeless as a fly. If you are the mount Qaf in stability. I shall make you whirl like a millstone.

If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?

How could you reach the pearl by only looking at the sea? If you seek the pearl, be a diver: the diver needs several qualities: he must trust his rope and his life to the Friend's hand, he must stop breathing, and he must jump.

The soul which cannot endure fire and smoke won't find the Secret.

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."

1 comments:

All Is Whole said...

humm...good ones..