CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 20, 2006

Think like the FAMOUS?

"Give me a museum and I’ll fill it."
- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

"Don’t be so humble - you are not that great."
- Golda Meir (1898-1978), to a visiting diplomat

"To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me."
- Charles William Stubbs

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

"I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."
- Walt Disney (1901-1966)

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra (1925-)

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

"Ideas are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny."
- Carl Schurz (1829-1906)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Sir Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
- Mario Andretti (1940-)

"Copy from one, it’s plagiarism; copy from two, it’s research."
- Wilson Mizner (1876-1933)

"Better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
- Chinese Proverb

"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."
- Proverb

"Hunger is the best sauce."
- Proverb

"Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both."
- Samuel Butler

"Santa Claus has the right idea - visit people only once a year."
- Victor Borge

"I know not what I appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
- Isaac Newton

"The basic rule of human nature is that powerful people speak slowly and subservient people quickly-because if they don't speak fast nobody will listen to them."
- Michael Caine (b. 1933)

"Hell is paved with good intentions, not with bad ones. All men mean well."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

'A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
- Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."
- John Lennon (1940-80)

"I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it."
- W.C. Fields

"What is life? A frenzy. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a fiction. And the greatest good is trivial; for all life is a dream and all dreams are dreams."
- Pedro Calderón de la Barca (1600-81)

"I've been on a calendar, but never on time."
- Marilyn Monroe (1926-62)

"I can't sing very well but I'd like to try."
- Elvis Presley, on first entering a studio

5 comments:

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

Wow. As always a great and enriching read :)

Life said...

good inspiring one buddy.Thanxs for stop to my blog

cosmic clown said...

"A Quote is equivalent to one's whole life's observation"...Fakir

Banvri said...

Nice collection here ..:)

Priyankari said...

read all ur posts here. lovely ones! u have made a very gud collection.i'll be a regular visitor to this blog of urs!i love quotes and these really touched my heart!
keep up the gud work!